Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Made It - July 6

I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It! Be sure to visit her website and check out all of the inspiring projects. 

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2015/07/monday-made-it-july-6.html

 

My first made it this week was inspired by all of the pallets on Pinterest. I just happened upon this smaller pallet at Wal-Mart in the craft aisle. I immediately knew I wanted to paint it to look like a flag. It was really easy. I had some star foam pieces that I used a stamp to make my stars.


 
This made it was inspired by Truth Be Told Art.  This is a great organization to paint with the truth from God's word. I attended one of the parties at a local church and started following their Facebook page. I saw this design on their page and made it my own. The hardest part was transferring the words onto the canvas. I used wax paper and printed my scripture mirrored and then traced it on with a sharpie enough for an outline that I could write over it. I love the way it turned out!


  

 I created a new header for my blog, a button, and my signature as well. I decided I needed a little facelift. 




  
My last made it for this week is these super cute name tags. We give our students symbols as well so I plan to draw each child's symbol on the name tag with a white painters pen. I haven't decided if I will use these tags for the cubbies or the floor yet but I LOVE how they turned out!




5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your scripture canvas!!!! I think that is amazing! Love your name tags as well! Great work! I hope you have a great rest of the summer!

    Blessings,
    Becky from
    CookingUpSuccess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! I hope you enjoy your summer too.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Walmart had such cuteness! I'd love to make one as a gift for my mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. I was extremely shocked and surprised when I found it. Especially in our town.

      Delete
  3. Everything is so cute! I will have to see if our Walmart has pallets. Love your bird and banners theme!

    ReplyDelete