Monday, January 7, 2013

January Monday Made It

January is here! Wow it seems so weird to write 2013. Anyway I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It. Be sure to click the icon below and see what fabulous inspiration you can find from others.

Monday Made It #1: Penguin Number Word Matching

I wanted some recall and center activities for my readers and non readers alike. This can be done independently or during center or circle time. I currently think I am going to use it during circle time. You can purchase it by clicking the image above.

Monday Made It # 2: Alphabet Tracing

I needed something extra for my writing center and something that students could practice writing. So since we are learning about arctic animals, I figured this cute little penguin from Jeanette Baker and Jason's Online Classroom would make it appeal to their eyes more. They have some cute clip art and for cheap prices. Be sure to check them out!! You can click the image above to purchase the cards.

Monday Made It # 3: Home Made It

I was inspired by this picture on Pinterest from Keierleber Family and her fabulous Hobby Lobby finds. Although she bought this as one piece, I thought of course I can make that!
 
I went to Hobby Lobby bought the letters and went home to paint them. I chose to paint them with a teal color that I love. Well into my painting of letters, I realize I didn't buy any Gs. You have got to be kidding me. I searched my house like crazy. I found the receipt and yep I forgot to buy the letter g. So needless to say my project is NOT finished nor does it have the meaning I want it to have yet! AMAZING GRACE became Amazin Race...I couldn't do anything but laugh and now I have another reason to head to Hobby Lobby!! I won't complain about that.

Have a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word are those penguins adorable!!!!!!!
    Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Don't you hate when you get home from Hobby Lobby with 90% of the supplies you need to finish a craft? It'll look great when it's all finished!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete