Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Made It July 25

This is my last week before I start back to school. I am linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for 

  http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2016/07/monday-made-it-july-25.html 
 
My first made it is a back to school gift for the new teachers I will be working with. I used cute scrapbook paper and cut it to the size of the frame and added their initial. 
 
 


My second made it was inspired by a friend on Facebook. I looked everywhere for a tutorial and couldn't find one. I painted the wood a dark brown and used burlap ribbon to make the cross. I hot glued the ribbon on the back and scrunched the middle together and secured it with hot glue as well. Lastly,  I added the center piece. I love how it turned out!
 


 I finally finished my chair I showed a few weeks ago. I bought stickers from Michaels and voila made a Happy Birthday chair! 


 
 http://www.pocketofpreschool.com/2015/07/green-and-red-choice-board.html

This made it comes from Pocket of Preschool. You can click her image above to see her original post. I had a foam board already laying around the house so I utilized that to make my display for my kiddos. I am really looking forward to using this as a visual for my students in helping them make great choices. She has a lot of cool stuff in her TPT store. Be sure to check her out!


I am off to check out all of the other inspirations for my last week off! 

6 comments:

  1. You start school in a week? Sheesh!!! Well, I love the birthday chair!:) Have fun in this new school year!

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/07/more-books-please-mosaic-monday-made-it_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cross! Going on my list of things to make! And the birthday chair! What a super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of green and red choices, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your birthday chair and your cross!! I need to add that to my list! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your Made Its! My mom would love a cross like that as a gift, I'm pinning it to remember for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The idea of this back to school gifts sounds perfect to me. I am dying to make DIY gifts for co-teachers and my little students. For their effective learning I will need some test and activity ideas and I am planning to use all that stuff from http://www.kidsfront.com/class/5th-class.html.

    ReplyDelete