Saturday, February 9, 2013

Space

 I am a few weeks behind but better late than never I guess. We did a space unit two weeks ago and it was a HUGE hit in our classroom. It always amazes me what information four and five year old children can learn about outer space.

1. We made constellations after reading stories and studying them in books. Here are my students creative constellations.

2. We identified and used shapes to create rockets. Sorry the picture is blurry!

3. We made our own pie pan planets and named them. Each student painted the bottom of a pie pan with his or her choice of colors and then named them.

We also tasted space food, wrote space words by looking through telescopes at stars, and many other exciting activities that I failed to take pictures of during the week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment